Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elefteriadis alexandros
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
What camera for best dynamic range.
Feb 23, 2012

-First hello to all, i watch the forum and dpreview for many years and a like yours opinion here, so i like to ask.

-I have for many years my fuji s3 to serve me and think to move on in a new camera with more pixels on it, but without to sacrifice dynamic range as i don't like those white holes in the sky..(make the pictures look fake and 'digital').I look here in dpreview test and dxo labs and the Nikon d7000 is the camera with 13,5 EV of dynamic range that can much the fuji as they claim, so i give a tray and test with one.

-Huhh, everything i tray from jpg to raw its not even close to fuji.. The different is about 2-3 stop lower in dynamic range.. i tray to open the NEF in diferent program but nothing, those holes of burning white is never recovery as fuji camera.

-Am i doing something wrong, what is my other options? Or i think to stay with small size picture from 6mpix of fuji, than big picture with blown highlight.

Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow