Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,063Gear list
Like?
Planes flying over my head
Feb 23, 2012

As I've already confessed, for me the most difficult shots are those to the planes crossing the sky over my head, thus I'd like to try my SP-810UZ a little more on the issue (also for a future comparison with the Nikon P510). So I've started the free software http://www.flightradar24.com/ zooming in to my town area and when a plane approached I went outside and started to shot it as well as I could.

Below are the best results of my action. Please have a critical view:

From the software above I could of course find not only the plane make, but also the name of the flying company, the route and its minute altitude, speed and direction, but that was beyond my intention. Instead I found a site dedicated to airliners in flight:

http://extremespotting.com , but of course the breathtaking images there were achieved with professional gear.

Finally, talking about planes, I've spotted the best place for a never-ending aviation show: sitting on a bench in front of the main greenhouse in the Kew Gardens you're facing the planes coming to landing to the Heathrow Airport; every minute another plane comes slowly in view, with its landing gear out, ready to be admired and shot to with a professional, a bridge or a soap-dish camera! As my wife was a "flower addict" I've sat there for hours, unfortunately without a camera ...

Thank you for watching,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Nikon Coolpix P510
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow