Is the 5d Mark II too heavy for everyday carry for a newbie?

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
knowsnocamera
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Is the 5d Mark II too heavy for everyday carry for a newbie?
Feb 23, 2012

I am looking at learning photography.

I know the 5d Mark II is up there in terms of price but with enough time to save up, I think I will be able to come up with enough by the time the Mark III comes out.

I know next to nothing about photography but want to learn.

I don't plan on getting a camera for the next 3 years after this purchase as I don't want to have a lot of camera lying around the house and that is the reason I want to get the more affordable offerings, and I am a terrible seller so I have no plans of buy now sell later to get better. 3-4 years is my update rate.

The 5d mark III caught my attention along with some other mirrorless. Anyway, for those that have used the 5d Mark II, do you guys find it heavy for everyday walk around street photography? What about hiking, trekking and mountain climbing trips?

I know it is larger than just about every mirrorless around, but is it so large that I will get tired if I walk around more than a couple hours? Thanks for any advice and opinions.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow