A77 owner, color accuracy issues within Lightroom. Help requested.

Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vasvi_a100
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Re: A77 owner, color accuracy issues within Lightroom. Help requested.
In reply to VirtualMirage, Feb 23, 2012

VirtualMirage wrote:

I know from first glance this looks to be a Darkroom question, but the audience I see are fellow A65/A77 users who might be running into the same issue.

Paul, I know exactly what you mean, and I too have been finding it a little irritating to get the colours looking right in lightroom. I am a resident photographer for a night club in London, and would get flawless results from my A700 when shooting in RAW and editing in lightroom, but shooting RAW on the A77 doesn't give my images the 'Punch' they used to have.

I have found that when opening the A77 Raw images in Lightroom, both 3.x and the 4 beta, it seems to "wash out" the images, leaving them very dull looking. What I find a little irritating is that it seems to load them full of colour initially when you first click the image after importing, but then when the image loads, it loses all its colour. The presets via that link tend to over cook in my opinion, especially the vivid setting.

I have started to shoot RAW + JPEG and in a couple of weeks or so, I will be playing around and making some presets (not camera profiles) that will get me as close to the JPEG as possible. As soon as I have I will share it with you if you like (and I don't forget)

-- hide signature --

Tim Vasvi
--------------
http://www.flickr.com/tim_vasvi/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow