Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sik_photos
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
Newbie to Olympus DSLR looking for general advice
Feb 23, 2012

The announced OMD-EM5 caught my eye, as an owner of an NEX-5N who misses the viewfinder of my once owned Nikon D90 (which was pentaprism, and yes I realize i will not get a pentaprism without going to a larger body). I was considering moving to the NEX7, but i suspect the out of camera jpeg colors will be similar to my 5N, which are not so much to my liking. And at this point i dont see wanting to play with much post processing. So Im thinking to dive into the Oly system.

Im further motivated when taking note of quite reasonable prices for the Oly DSLRs (Amazon shows camera + two lens deals that seem quite amazing) so im wondering if getting back to a "real viewfinder" camera while introducing me to the Oly system makes more sense than diving into the new OMDE-5.

Im looking for suggestions for which Oly DSLR will give me a good bang for my buck, with main considerations being a "decent enough" viewfinder in as small a body as possible. Are any bodies which are best to avoid (known issues)?

The thought is that this approach would give me time to assemble an appealing selection of lenses, and then consider the OMD body once the product has been around a while.

Nikon D90 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow