Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Norman L. Allen
Contributing MemberPosts: 973Gear list
Like?
Placed my order for a GX1!
Feb 22, 2012

I did lots of research, read some reviews, and read the many useful threads (and some not-so-useful ones) in this forum, and decided to go with the Panasonic DMC-GX1 as my first MFT camera.

I sold my Canon G10 on eBay yesterday, my previous (walk around camera). However, when traveling to faraway places, I remember using one of my D-SLRs even if I had the G10 with me. However, the thought of lugging around a 5D with 2 or 3 lenses again while walking around was not as appealing as having a MFT camera with me. I also prefer to leave my money-making equipment at home when I am out and about having fun.

I'm looking forward to this new journey. With my GX1, I got the Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 and the Panasonic 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6. The kit lens didn't appeal to me, and I wanted a general zoom to start with. Ultimately, I wanted the Olympus, but I didn't want to wait, and I think the GX1 will keep me happy for a long time.
--
http://www.normanallen.com/

Norman L. Allen's gear list:Norman L. Allen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow