Considering getting a Pentax k5....should I?

Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Mak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,284
Like?
Considering getting a Pentax k5....should I?
Feb 22, 2012

I've been following the release of the new Olympus Om-D of course, with the new 16mp sensor, and it has convinced me that Olympus will not make considerable advances in DR anytime soon. High iso will be much better, but for extended DR Olympus will have to continue using tricks.

I'm very positive about the IQ of the E5, certainly with the SHG lenses I own, but I want to go double system for decent DR in Raw, without having to exhaust post processing.

The pentax k5 seems an obvious choice: very good sensor, IS, weather sealing, ability to shoot iso 50 for landscapes, and at a heavily discounted price (at present 735,- euros for the body).

Only thing is: is there a pentax lens that can match, or at least come close to my 14-35f2? I would settle for a prime lens if a zoom is not available in this class, somewhere around 40 to 50mm in Olympus (2x) terms.

Does anybody have both systems?
Thanks

Chris

Olympus E-5 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow