Testing out a 5D II for a few days. What should I look out for?

Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Astound
Regular MemberPosts: 144
Like?
Testing out a 5D II for a few days. What should I look out for?
Feb 22, 2012

So, in an attempt to evaluate the potential advantage of moving to a FF from my current 60D (as discussed in my previous thread http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=40008131 ), I've decided to hire a 5D II with a 24-105L and 50mm 1.2L for a few days.

My reasons? I love shooting low light, mainly urban, but also some landscape, so wide angle is important. Also, I work in professional design, so I can't get enough megapixels. I also tend to print big (often A3 size). Also, given my graphics background, my strong point is post-processing. The downside of this, is the noise which can sometimes get introduced during PP, so the better the quality of image captured the higher quality the final results - 'garbage in garbage' out as we say.

As I said, I currently mainly use a 60D, which I combine with a 15-85 as well as a couple of 'cheaper' primes 50 1.8 and 35mm 2.

Anyway, I've a few ideas about what I might focus on. But I wondered if anyone has any suggestions as to how I might best take advantage of my few days with this camera and lenses. What 'tests' should I carry out to find any possble advantages of this type of camera over my current crop frame setup?

Thanks.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow