IQ: Sony A65 w/Sigma 18-250 worse than Panasonic FZ-30

Started Feb 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
MarcelLuettmann
Regular MemberPosts: 419Gear list
Like?
Re: Some considerations and tips
In reply to ArmandN, Feb 21, 2012

ArmandN wrote:

Second, Panasonic does some in-camera corrections for its lens (chroma, etc) so you're not really comparing apples to apples.

After some 22,000 images with my FZ30, most of them RAW+JPEG, and my habit to do first image corrections in JPEGs before doing serious processing from a (third party!) RAW processor, I feel free to state that the FZ30 does no in-camera corrections.

The FZ30 has the most amazing lens I ever owned. I've postprocessed a handful photos - literally a handful - where I had to work on CAs. Trees without leafs against a bright grey sky, for example. Stopping down for better sharpness just wasn't neccessary.

I really wish Panasonic would blow this lens up by factor 3, giving us a 22.2-266.4 f/2.8-3.7 lens, for A-mount.

On the other hand, owning an A33 + Sony 18-250 + other lenses, the weight of the whole package and this Leica-designed lens are the only thing I miss after switching from the FZ30.

I agree with the other parts of your posts, though.
--
My gallery: http://www.turbogenial.de

MarcelLuettmann's gear list:MarcelLuettmann's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Sony SLT-A33 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow