ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chuck A
Senior MemberPosts: 1,874
Like?
What's the verdict on the 14-42X?
Feb 21, 2012

Hey All,

I was really primed to get this lens. On size and based on early optical reviews it looked like a winner. Now am not so sure. There are so many mixed reviews.

So do those of you that have this lens like it? Is the problem with soft images an overall design problem or quality control.

I have the 14-45 and it performs well for a kit zoom. But it is large. I would love to have the smaller zoom but not lose too much in image quality.
--
Thanks & God Bless,
Chuck
http://www.pbase.com/candrask

'The photograph isolates and perpetuates a moment of time: an important and revealing moment, or an unimportant and meaningless one, depending upon the photographer's understanding of his subject and mastery of his process.' -Edward Weston

'If I knew how to take a good photograph, I'd do it every time.' -Robert Doisneau

'You learn to see by practice. It's just like playing tennis, you get better the more you play. The more you look around at things, the more you see. The more you photograph, the more you realize what can be photographed and what can't be photographed. You just have to keep doing it.' -Eliot Porter

Character is who you are when nobody else is looking.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow