Started Feb 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
acrockett149
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: Mirrorless Systems, Their Faults & A Current Decision
In reply to El Matadurr, Feb 21, 2012

El Matadurr wrote:

acrockett149 wrote:

I could go on and on. Point is, you can adapt this camera to any shooting situation you desire. This same amount of flexibility just is not currently available in a DSLR, especially when you realize that the NEX-7 + a quality lens like the Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 is only about 1.3 pounds , your neck will thank you.

I know and this is what makes it so exciting. However, if I can't get back what I had with the GF1 + 20mm it may not be what I really want. That's why it seems the Sigma 30mm f2.8 looks so promising.

This morning Olympus mentioned putting a viewfinder in the PEN series. Exciting times.

Also, because the lenses tend to be the biggest investment (and they hold value), the choice of system is more important than an individual camera. And the future of the system is even more important. It really comes down to how forward thinking the company is (Sony seems to be the most forward thinking with bodies and Panasonic with compact, high quality lenses, Nikon with Autofocus). Also news today Sony Alpha rumors states that Sony may make a pancake zoom lens. But who besides Nikon (and somewhat Fuji) is going to put PDAF on sensor? To me, on sensor PDAF is the future because it eliminates the error associated with having the PD sensor be a slightly bit further away or closer to the subject.

Again, exciting times. Let's hope Canon comes out with something soon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow