Started Feb 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stakeouttoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 620Gear list
Like?
the right lens indoors.. cathedrals-museums Europe ..wider angle vs 2.8
Feb 21, 2012

using my 60d back in October on a long cruise to Europe--mainly Spain--Italy--Portugal I found that the 18-200 and 18-55 lenses weren't the best for the wider angle (and low light conditions) needed for indoors in the many churches and museums we visited.. unfortunately didn't accept a friend's offer to borrow his Canon 10-22 before we left..

upon our return back home I was also looking for a better all around lens and have since decided on and purchased the Canon 15-85 which I am very happy with using it on my 60d

however we'll be heading back to Europe again in the fall for another long cruise...and so the cathedral/museum dilemma again--no flash will be used indoors.... getting a Canon 10-22 vs the Canon 17-55 2.8 or just using the Canon 15-85

the 17-55 seems ideal as it's a 2.8 lens.. but would it be that much different on the wider angle than my two original lenses... and would it be 'overlap' with my 15-85.. the 10-22 sounds like it should be the one but it's not a 2.8... as you can see I'm trying to stay with Canon

any comments/help/recommendations on deciding much appreciated..
--
Ray

my Canon 60d sure beats using that ol' Petri 7s

Stakeouttoo's gear list:Stakeouttoo's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow