Can we live without Image Stabilisation/VR,SR...?

Started Feb 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pimpleportrait
Senior MemberPosts: 1,088
Like?
Can we live without Image Stabilisation/VR,SR...?
Feb 21, 2012

Hi Forum,

I use two cameras, a Canon 60D and Olympus E5. Canon has IS built into the lens and Olympus into the Body.

Having used both systems extensively, I have found that IS has its limits. You can stabilise your camera, but in poor light conditions you can't stop shake in your scene. Well you can with a fast lens, high ISO and a tripod or simply flash your subjects to freeze their motion but there are some "Accidental" moments when you simply forget these options.

Late last year, I attended an exhibition in Melbourne, where I live. There in one stall, proudly on show, were blurry photos and those with heaps of camera shake, even out of focus ones. But I guess this was intended. Whereas mine were unintended.

Here, I have two "Failed Shots" In the fish photo, I used my then Canon 550D and the 60Efs 2.8 Macro which is not stabilised. There is clearly camera shake and subject motion blur. In the Busker shot, I used my E5. This was in a narrow lane way and the light was quite poor. (shadows of buildings) Also I had the 50-200swd which is quite a heavy lens. While fumbling through the dials and buttons, I got this.

Please post your "Failed Shots" if you have any, arty or not. Would love to see some of your work.

Imagine the world of photography today without Image Stabilisation, Vibration/Shake reduction and whatever you have to hold your world still.

http://www.fairworldphoto.com
http://www.benizisantamaria.com

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 60D Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow