Got my Vulcanite Steel Gray m9 from leica back!

Started Feb 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
jase
Contributing MemberPosts: 600Gear list
Like?
Re: Exactly my point.
In reply to tele_player, Feb 21, 2012

tele_player wrote:

Perhaps unethical is too strong, and avaricious is more appropriate. In this case, charging $150 for something that somehow doesn't affect the price of the camera when new, and needed to be replaced anyway for warranty service.

Other examples would be the pricing of M9 batteries, the rebranded Panasonics, the sapphire LCD cover, the M9P pricing for the chrome and sapphire which should have been there in the first place.

I like the products, but the company does some things I just find a bit offensive. They take cynical advantage of the credulity of their customers. I don't deny they make superb lenses, and a unique camera. That's why I have an M9.

I'm with you....The company treats customers with contempt and fleeces them at every opportunity. Trying to charge $350 for a strip of plastic fabric, then giving you a "deal" by charging $150 while they spend a month doing a 10 minute job that shouldn't have been required in the first place doesn't sound right to me.

-- hide signature --

jase

jase's gear list:jase's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Leica M9 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow