Started Feb 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
farnsbarns
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
D800 my needs vs clients
Feb 21, 2012

I currently have a D700/ 7000 camera combo. Its brilliant- both cameras can provide works of art ( user permitting). I am thinking of trading them in for a D800 , more or less on an "even stevens" basis. The D800 will do the job of both.

The difference is the amount of info in the files and the subsequent resolution. I deal with many clients ( architects, etc) who would love to make large blowups for display. I have owned D100, D200, D300, D90, D70 and D700 and I've found that from D300 onwards I have been able to make STUNNING 20X30 prints - and I'm not thinking amateur expectations.

The huge extra demands on storage space have to be considered versus the gain in resolution because it is enormous. But I am willing to take the plunge - but only when I see more concrete information on this cameras potential cababilities. For most purposes the D700 is an incredible camera, a classic, but clients sometimes need to believe they are getting "state of the art" technology, even if it is over kill for their needs. But you want the job or don't you?

Nikon D100 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D70 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow