ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
I finally Got one!
Feb 20, 2012

Hi All,

A good friend at work wanted to borrow my 5n for a wedding he was attending, just for some personal pictures of family, not the bride & groom. And he ended up messing the the cam up - someone poured some drink over it and.... He was honest to tell me and brought it back with an offer of replacement. We've been working together for over 4 years, I trust him , so he just would not mess around in a situation like this.

I took the offer, but I wanted to but the twin lens kit this time round, but they are not easily available. So strolling through all the close by retailers, I ended up looking and the nex 7 (at Jessops Oxfd St), and was pretty close to buying it but I thought £1K on the body only, then I need a lens.... and then I saw the x100. I tried it, liked it, but was not going to buy it from them. I called Cameraworld, who are just around the corner from there - (anything above £500 I prefer to buy from them). Asked them if they had it in stock - yes and it was about £40 cheaper and only 1 left. Got there and asked em to give me a quick crash course on how to operate. They brought out a demo showed me how it worked... and I walked out with it.

I knew what I was getting into - read all about the af problems - parallax - but there's no fun in photography without a bit of challenge. (this is why I liked the nex series - with my nikkors and manual foucus thing)

Played around the whole of Sunday indoors - upgrading firmware (out of box was firmware 1.11) and just couldn't get to grips. Love the ovf, but target focus was different.... Thought I'd go and change it on Monday - then I thought - I keep using DXO film pack to simulate the film effects all the time, I wanted the challenge and now...
Called in sick at work this morning - studied it more - and now I understand.

Just a few snaps taken later this afternoon - the B&W were simulated green filter in Macro mode. Image 0226 was captured in portrait orientation, I cropped it. (PP in LR4)
CC Welcome.

I love the pictures it makes - this one is going to stay.

Best Regards
IM

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow