Who's planning to buy the D4? Tell us your primary reason?

Started Feb 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Cohen
Regular MemberPosts: 264
Like?
Who's planning to buy the D4? Tell us your primary reason?
Feb 20, 2012

I currently have pre-orders for the D4 and D800 but will only buy one. Trying to decide. My shooting is landscape, wildlife, portraits. I don't have a need for blistering speed, but love the low light low specs of D4, and like the thought the speed is there if I ever wanted to capture faster action such as motor sports and air shows. I also like the 36mp the D800 offers but have been told I should be able to get great 30x40 prints with the D4. If I buy the D800, I would buy the battery grip, extra battery thus adding to the lower cost of the D800 relative to the D4. I am changing over from Canon so I will also be investing in new Nikon glass. I would love to hear if anyone else is having a similar challenge making this decision.

-- hide signature --

http://www.pbase.com/clayton_bob

Canon 7D; 16-35L/2.8; 70-200L IS/2.8 IS; 24-70L/2.8; 100/2.8 macro; 1.4x teleconverter
MacBookPro, Mac OS 10.6,NEC PA241, Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture

Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow