Started Feb 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Patrick Dodds
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Software for NEFS from D700
Feb 19, 2012

I'm looking for guidance on what software I should use with NEFs from my D700 now that Capture NX2 has finally given up the ghost and, instead of just crashing every few photos, doesn't work at all, just sitting with the splash screen doing nothing (yep, I've uninstalled, reinstalled from a link sent by Nikon blah blah blah - despite what Nikon tell me, I think it is to do with the Lion operating system on my Mac - it worked before I stupidly "upgraded" to this). Any ideas? I've tried free versions of Aperture and Lightroom and they were ok but I didn't use them enough to really figure out which was best. At this stage I'm thinking of paying for the former - does it work ok on NEFs? I have CS4 and it doesn't, in my view, do as good a job as Capture NX2 did when it worked - the images look a bit soft and painterly rather than photographic, IYKWIM.

Any thoughts or suggestions most welcome - I need something a bit more sophisticated than SnapSeed (good though it is....:) ).

thanks in advance.
--
Patrick Dodds

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow