Started Feb 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
technotic
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Upgrade from GF1 to OMD-EM5
Feb 19, 2012

I have a Panasonic GF1 and a Canon 7D. Since I got the GF1 about a year ago the 7D has pretty much sat in a drawer so I was thinking of selling it off and getting a "better" m43 camera. I've been looking at the GX1 and now the OMD EM-5. Both provide improved AF performance and a touch screen (my 2 main reasons for an upgrade). I was all set to get the GX1 but now I like the look of the EM-5. I like the idea of having an EVF for times when conditions are too bright (otherwise I quite like using the rear screen) and also the fact that the screen tilts (I like low level shots). What scares me about the EM-5 is that I'll end up in the same situation with the 7D - it'll be (just) too big and I'll end up leaving it at home which would be a complete waste. If I get the GX1 I'll have no such worries as it's even smaller than the GF1. For me the whole point of m43 is the cameras are small and can be (pretty) easily stuffed in a pocket and taken anywhere without worrying about bulk. I'll be waiting until I can try out an EM-5 in a shop but I was wondering if other GF1 (or similar sized camera) owners were worried about the size issue of moving to the EM-5.

Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow