LAEA2 + SAL35f18

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
pmow
Contributing MemberPosts: 784Gear list
Like?
Re: LAEA2 + SAL35f18
In reply to nagi603, Feb 18, 2012

I cannot focus at a wall using the LAEA2 or E-mount lenses, on my NEX-3. Is anyone else able to? It isn't a huge deal but sometimes I try to AF something that has no pattern/edges like glass. Using center spot.

nagi603 wrote:

pmow wrote:

amuro wrote:

pmow wrote:

I've had plenty of issues with the SAL35F18 not locking on AF. Luckily, one huge difference with E-mount is that there's a handy switch for MF right on the lens.

Is that with LA-EA2? Mine seems as snappy as ever on my NEX-5 with LA-EA2.

-- hide signature --

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Yes, on a NEX-3. If you aim at many areas without contrast with center spot AF, for example a face, it doesn't seem to lock at all or without great difficulty. If I aim at the edges, it does okay but hardly the "fast AF" equivalent of CDAF. Is it just me?

That sound like the LA-EA1, as the LA-EA2 does not use contrast for focusing. That said, I can see in your gallery that you actually have the LA-EA2, so I'd say it might be faulty.... or there is something up with the old NEX-3 + LA-EA2 combo, which would be a shame as I was looking for that.

pmow's gear list:pmow's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow