Weight comparison m43 v APS-C

Started Feb 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
johs
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: Weight comparison m43 v APS-C
In reply to Louis_Dobson, Feb 18, 2012

Louis_Dobson wrote:

The Nikon will have better high ISO and DR (better sensor, full stop) but the GH2 has more manual controls and is generally not such a cheapskate effort (5100 is a pentamirror, very basic focusing system etc etc).

While I'm not arguing that the various APS-C-sensors have better high ISO and DR than MFT sensors (they clearly do), I'm curious why noone seems to mention sharpness when talking about sensors.

Am I reading the dpreview tests wrong? It doesn't seem like the APS-C-sensors (maybe except the one in NEX-7) has any particular advantage in resolution, and some (like the D5100) appear to have worse resolution (than the GH2, for example). The studio scene comparisons also seem to support this. (Especially in the corners.)

So, am I misunderstanding something, or is it just that people only care about high ISO/DR?

johs's gear list:johs's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow