What do U use an ipad for

Started Feb 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andrew Mitchell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,663
Like?
Re: What do U use an ipad for
In reply to RGL1215, Feb 18, 2012

RGL1215 wrote:

Shopping for a new iMac I came across the ipad. Looks like an oversized iPod touch to me. Got tired of holding it after only a few minutes of playing with it. I'm not sure what I would use it for. To big to lug around with me all the time (thats what a smartphone is for). Not sure why I would want to use it at home if I have a desk top or lap top. What are people using this thing for? At first glance it looked kind of cool but after a few minutes of playing with it I was kind of confused by it. Why do I need this? What a pain to have to hold it in front of you while using it. Still scratching my head.

I'm a teacher, and it has revolutionized the way I teach (and I don't use the word lightly). The apps for phonics are amazing, and I am now using it to successfully teach dyslexic kids to read.

6 months ago I was asking myself the same questions you have above. Now, I can't believe how I managed before I got one. Amazing piece of equipment.

-- hide signature --

Andrew (Brit expat in Taipei, Taiwan since 1985)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow