X-S1 USA release date?

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Francis Carver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093
Like?
What is an X-S1 ?????
In reply to PAUL TILL, Feb 18, 2012

What is an X-S1? I thought it was a Fujifilm camera.

It is now "IN STOCK" on amazon.com, at Crutchfield, etc. So far so good.

But imagine my surprise then when I called Fuijifilm USA's Tech Support Dept. just yesterday. The chap that helped me hadn't heard about the X-S1. He kept saying that they don't have the camera there.

He kept confusing it with the HS20, saying that it takes four batteries and probably uses the same AC adapter (!!!!) I actually called to get some clarifications about sections of the impossible to understand user's manual, but soon gave up.

I am not sure how much better the X10 user's manual has gotta be or how much better phone support Fujifilm USA would have to give me before I would consider the brand.

For video shooting, it seems that the X-S1 is about the same as a $100 point and shoot, according to its stated capabilities. Which is basically to push the VIDEO button to start, and then push it again to stop. Nothing much else you can do with it in video.

Anyhow, Amazon gives you a 30-day return period, while Crutchfield gives you 60 days. Although I can probably test the video capabilities and the sensor on this camera within a week. If the sensor is messed up like with the X10, back to the reseller she goes!

Also, I can't help but thinking that the $800 present list price on the X-S1 will drop down to $650 by April.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow