Nex 7 - Activate Veiwfinder, continously on, is it possible?

Started Feb 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JL Auch
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Nex 7 - Activate Veiwfinder, continously on, is it possible?
Feb 18, 2012

Hi all.

I recently sold my x100 after having used it for about a year. I liked the camera, but it had some infinitely frustrating quirks for my type of photography, which is street photography and journalism. That said I managed to make some photographs I liked some of which can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31186655@N00/

I recently acquired an Nex 7 and a 16mm 2.8 and couldn't be more happy with the form factor and responsiveness, but one thing that has been driving me mad is the delay between raising the camera to my eye and the switch between LCD and EVF. I have even noticed that if you switch the EVF to 'continuously on' it still remains off until you raise the camera to your eye. With the x100 I could tap the display button and switch between LCD and EVF.

I am appealing to you forum gurus, is this an insurmountable deal breaker? or is there some setting that I may have missed? or a workaround?

Thanks so much,
Jonathan

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow