Started Feb 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
h2obroker
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
D200 Help!
Feb 17, 2012

Okay, so I bought a D200 some time back when Best Buy did the $599 deal and have been quite happy with it. It was my first digital SLR as I was a late comer due to my close relationship to my F100. Now I have been shooting some basketball games that my children are participating in and I'm really not happy with the results. I have even rented lenses(70-200) to get that constant F2.8 and the store that I rented it from is telling me its really time to upgrade my camera due to low light advantage in the newer bodies. I actually feel the same way but upgrading seems like a costly proposition. After looking at D300(s) and D700 and waiting to see more of a price drop due to the release of the D800, I'm still hesitant to spend the prices for them now. So now that I've rambled on, here is my question. Is there really that much of a low light difference for shooting sports indoors as to justify the costs involved or should I continue to deal with my D200 and continue waiting for a more significant improvement? My second question is, aside from the D4 series of cameras, what would the preference be(if cost was not an issue) of equipment to use for the situation listed above?

h2obroker's gear list:h2obroker's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D5100
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow