Canon 600d +15-85mm vs 60D + 17-85mm. Which should I buy?

Started Feb 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
epaulm
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon 600d +15-85mm vs 60D + 17-85mm. Which should I buy?
Feb 17, 2012

Hi,

I'm close to buying a new DSLR, upgrading from an Olympus E-510. On the Canon side I have two choices for the same money. A Canon 600d with a 15-85mm lens or a 60D with 17-85mm.

I've held both, I like both, but certainly favour the 60D for its handling, autofocus, viewfinder and direct access to functions without going through the menu. The AF-ON button is something I would like to learn to use too.

Most of my work will be photographic, but with some video (instructional videos and live music). My photo work includes indoor, low-light stuff and live music.

So my basic question is, is the increase in lens quality if I buy the 600D with the 15-85mm a good trade off for the drop in auto-focus, viewfinder and external controls compared to that of the 60D has.

I'm also looking at the D7000 and will be posting a separate question on that.

Thanks,
Paul

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 60D Nikon D7000 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow