Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,877Gear list
Like?
Mac Air for Adobe Lightroom editing
Feb 17, 2012

Hello,

I just purchased LR3.

I have an 27" iMac at home that I use for image post processsing and inkjet printing of my "keepers". I am not a pro, just a hobbyist.

So, I need to purchase a laptop, and thinking Mac Air either 11" or 13" for reviewing photos and maybe some light editing in LR3 while on the road. It would also be used for surfing the internet and email as well.

Should I look at the i5 or i7 processsor? Highest RAM speed? Do I need that? Will it make a significant difference to the overall performance of the laptop?

Is there any reason I need to look at the Mac Book Pro for my needs?

What is your suggestion that I get?

11" or 13"? There is a rumour a 15" MB Air will be released next month, March. Should I wait?

I'm thinking 256 gigs of HD should be plenty for what I need for pics until I get home and transfer them to my iMac and external HD.

Can you recommend a good Mac Air configuration?

Thank you for you help and advice.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +6 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow