D800 & the 28-300 vr11: opinions, please?

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
GAK753
Contributing MemberPosts: 821
Like?
Re: D800 & the 28-300 vr11: opinions, please?
In reply to GAK753, Feb 17, 2012

THANKS TO YOU ALL for your posts and opinions. I intend to continue to save my money for better glass, and the 70-200 VR2 is certainly on the list. But, for now, I will trudge along w/ my existing lenses. I Just wanted to make sure that I would have fairly good shots to start off with using the d800 and the 20-300 and my other lenses as I SAVE for better glass which will take some time, as it did saving for my jump to FX. I also have the Sigma 150-500 OS plus a 1.5 extender, for wildlife and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get from that lens too and the d800. I should be able to crop some pretty cool shots out of 36mps with that combo. Again, I appreciate all of your thoughts. If any of you want me to copy the actual quote from the NIkon rep. re: what he said about lenses for the d800, let me know, and I'll post it for you. I'm sorry I don't have time to reply to each and every one of your posts as I usually try to do. I'm at work right now and can't take the time to do that.
Be well,
--
GG

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow