EM-5 + Oly 17mm 2.8

Started Feb 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
nboyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,988Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-5 + Oly 17mm 2.8
In reply to Aaron C Greenman, Feb 17, 2012

Aaron - Yes, the opinions are mixed and you will likely to get more mixed experiences and opinions. I shoot with a Leica M8.2 with mostly Leica Summicron and Zeiss lenses. I have an Olympus E-P2 kit with the 17/2.8. The 17/2.8 is a good pancake lens but do not expect it to perform close to the Leica M lenses in terms of bokeh or sharpness. IMHO, the only real reason for the 17/2.8 is size. Now, if we're talking about the mZuiko 12/2 or 45/1.8, things start to look more appealing, but you give up size. Now keep in mind, I print my work to 16x20's. At this size, you begin to separate the men from the boys in terms of performance. However, as you already know, you are paying out the nose for that performance. Cheers. -Norm

Aaron C Greenman wrote:

All,

I'd love to get back into m4/3 (after a few years away from 4/3) but I shoot 80% of the time at 35mm........

........ How is the Oly 17mm 2.8? Opinions as mixed as they appear online?

I'm looking for a more flexible second system to Leica M, and was hoping for Oly to reduce a new 17mm 1.4 or 2.0 HG.......

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best Regards,

ACG
http://www.acuitycolorgrain.com

nboyer's gear list:nboyer's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Leica M8.2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow