Spotted a couple Nice S100fs cameras up at KEH

Started Feb 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
glutamodo
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Re: The "Old Tech" is still the best...
In reply to Eigenmeat, Feb 17, 2012

You know, the few times I've tried to mess with fuji-RAW I've been frustrated with the slow conversion times (never used anything but the supplied software) and all of that electronic darkoom stuff never really appealed to me, as I never did that kind of thing with real film. Still I've had a few SOOC shots in jpg that were quite good, and vastly better than my previous S9100.

I had really hoped the X-S1 was to be a successor to the S100FS. I have two S100FS cameras - (well actually 3 if you count the one that fell and died on me) and I've been pretty happy with the model. When I first got one it was because some lackluster reviews of the S200EXR and HS10. At first, I really just wanted an S9100 with REAL image stabilization, but I quickly grew to like the S100fs - except in a just a few instances when I wanted a bit longer zoom. However I don't think the X-S1 will be that camera. The whole EXR thing, while it sounds OK on paper, doesn't seem to be that great in reality - and backlit CMOS sensors compared to the old Super CCDs, I'm not sure if they really are better.

Actually, the main reason I'd get a X-S1 at this point, would be to take similar night shots as I have in the past with S100FS and see the difference (IQ and orbs) - I suspect I might be disappointed.

glutamodo's gear list:glutamodo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Fujifilm X-S1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow