Started Feb 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cs hauser
Contributing MemberPosts: 662
Like?
It will be 38 Megapixels folks...
Feb 17, 2012

By now, many of you have already seen the leaked photos of the next 5D. By carefully studying the photo, it's possible to deduce that it will have a sensor with approximately 38 megapixels.

Here is what I did:

• I corrected the perspective distortion of the leaked photo above

• I scaled the photo so the LCD screen regains its original 3:2 aspect ratio (see below)

• Notice the icon for the magnifying glass is now circular, confirming that my corrections are good

• I assume that the LCD has 720x480 resolution, just like the latest Canon LCD screens

• I deduce that the full image dimensions are about 7500 x 5000 pixels

• The new 5D will likely have approximately 38 Megapixels, or something close to it.

• It will DEFINITELY NOT be 18 MP or 22 MP. That would mean the LCD zooms closer than 1:1 pixel magnification, which is highly unlikely and stupid.

• And yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

As a frame of reference, I used Photoshop to simulate the relative size of a 720x480 LCD screen against a 38 MP and a 18 MP image:

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow