New DX cameras

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mr Physics
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Re: oh no
In reply to David Lal, Feb 17, 2012

David Lal wrote:

LOL. Not to mention the braying and supercilious hyperbole of new owners lucky enough not to have bought a lemon in early production runs......

Sir:

I admire your use of vocabulary to shield yourself from an attack of D7000 adherents. Clever. I've been able to discern 2 classes of D7000 owners: those that marvel at the ISO 100 performance and increase in DR (these folks seem most interested in learning the intricacies of their complex light writing machines) and those that are in awe of the low noise/high ISO but complain about how their copy doesn't focus, do flesh colors well, spots on sensor, etc.

The former group have long worked out reducing noise and garnering more detail in PP in previous generations of technology, the latter won't understand the attack. Well played.

I'm hoping that if this next generation of DX machines has outrageous megapixel counts, that Nikon leverages these pixels into a firmware filter to further eliminate noise somehow. There must exist some clever algorithms that can leverage the increase in information into an image of better quality at an intermediate resolution. It will be interesting to see what they produce this year and fun to evaluate the new technology. But it is some work to distill the useful information from the clamor and propaganda that is sure to come about

Mr Physics's gear list:Mr Physics's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow