Flat view
gisligun
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Landscape photography with m43
Feb 16, 2012

Hi everyone
Sorry, English is not my first language so bare with me 

Reason number one why I picked m43 format was because of size. I love go hiking, sometimes for days with everything on my back, and everyone that is used to hiking know that every gram counts. But I also love photographing so the obvious choice for a camera system for me and my needs was m43.

Now obviously coming from land of fire and ice (Iceland) there is no lacking of grate scenery where I go hiking. Beautiful mountains, glaciers, northern lights, lava fields and all the things Iceland has to offer.

The setup I own atm is G1 and Epl1, 20mm, 14mm, 14-45 and 45-200. I find myself using epl1 more in the city, but when I go hiking I take the G1. It, imo, delivers better landscape photographs In RAW then epl1 (although epl1 is also very good).

I decided to buy the 14mm 2.5 from ebay to use when I go hiking to save some grams and bulk, because I noticed that 95% of the photos I take when Im hiking are at 14mm (on my 14-45).

But one thing I have noticed is when Im looking at other peoples photographs, landscape photographs, is that its rely popular to stop the lens down to f11-f22 (Canon,Nikon) but when its taken from m43 its usually f4-f10.

I would like to know why this is. I know all about sensor size DOF difference when it comes to M43 sensor vs APS-C or FF size. But why don’t M43 photographers stop there lenses down to f11-f22 on for example 14mm lenses when taking landscape photograps?

I would also like to know if anyone is experienced with using the 14mm 2.5 in landscape photography and maybe compare its results with other m43 lenses in results.

br
Gisligun

Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow