Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Kay
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
GX1 in London
Feb 16, 2012

It's always interesting to see new cameras in the flesh, so one can gauge the actual size more accurately than looking on the websites.

I was in a big London store today, and there were two GX1s in a cabinet. One with just a body cap on, and the other with the new 14-42 powerzoom (remarkably thin!) and an LVF2 viewfinder fitted. Looked very nice, even comparing the M9 close by!

I also saw the Nikon J1 and V1 - and the V1 particularly looks quite substantial for a smallish sensor camera.

Then there were some Pentax Q cameras in another case - tiny!

Later, I saw a guy outside with a GF1 and a very hefty piece of glass attached. You don't see these cameras anywhere near as often as SLRs on the streets. Looking at the new figures on sales, this could change.....

I met an enthusiast at a function on the weekend, who was using an X-100, which he declared was his favourite camera - and he had some heavy Nikon gear with him!!!

Also, the professionals there were using NIkon SLRs and said (despite one with a D700) that they never saw much need for more than six megapixels in their work - and they weren't getting a D800 any time soon!

Sorry this is not a controversial post on high ISO, etc.

Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Samsung GX-1S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow