Started Feb 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,718Gear list
Like?
Adjusting iso on the P7100
Feb 15, 2012

Id like to know if it is possible to adjust iso while keeping all the shooting info in the LCD.
Let me explain :

I have a Canon G11 (excellent compact camera). I'm leaning towards the P7100 (faster AF, longer zoom, same image quality in raw, and can be used with my SB400 flash).

With the Canon, I use A mode. I adjust iso using the dedicated wheel. So, if I'm looking at the LCD while turning that wheel, I can see iso changing, and speed increasing accordingly. Extremely handy. I increase iso when the shutter speed is too low to avoid camera shake, until I get a suitable shutter speed.

With the P7100, there is no dedicated wheel for iso. If I understand correctly, you can turn the left selector to select iso, press the button, and adjust iso using the LCD.

My question : let's suppose I'm pointing the camera at a subject. I can see the current settings on the LCD. If I press the selector button, does the camera replace the scene by a menu allowing to adjust iso, or does it still shows the scene, iso changing while I turn a control wheel ?
I hope I'm clear. Sorry if I'm not.
André

andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Canon PowerShot G11 Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow