FLA Birding - NEX5N & SEL55-210 (imgs)

Started Feb 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
brian57
Contributing MemberPosts: 682Gear list
Like?
Re: FLA Birding - NEX5N & SEL55-210 (imgs)
In reply to markymark101, Feb 15, 2012

I haven't picked up the 55-2010 yet, but I plan to soon. Others have suggested it gets best results when you stay away from the extremes of the focal length. I think high 70's to low 120's was the suggested best use.

I have looked at a lot of sample pics and the results fall solidly in the middle between a typical compact and a sharp SLR zoom like the Canon 70-220 f4. Good enough for my uses, I expect.

Close ups of a main subject with lot's of background bokeh is the best way to get good results as was done so well in many of these samples. Nicely done! General landscape shots, even in good light, seem to lack the clarity and pop and color rendition of higher quality DSLR zooms. I' know I can correct some of that by shooting in RAW, but then I can't use the in-camera corrections for CA and distortion and will have to do that as well.

Still, it's definitely a lens worth having if anyone wants to travel light and still get the shot when you need a lot of focal length. Thanks for sharing!

brian57's gear list:brian57's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha NEX-5N Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BIF,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow