thoughts on this poster

Started Feb 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nevada-is-HOME
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Re: thoughts on this poster
In reply to coachmike1964, Feb 15, 2012

First off.. I enjoy your gallery of sports posters you have shared with the folks here. Keep them coming.

As for this particular poster.. I find it somewhat off balanced for variety of reasons.

1) The color clip of the player with her back doesn't add anything to the poster. Some thing else need to be added to replace that clip. If you add a different image there, then comments below might not apply.

If you wish to keep that clip, then..

2) The player in color along the left hand margin could be moved to the right hand margin so that it doesn't appear she is looking to the edge of the page.

3) The black and white image where the window light is shinning through could be moved toward the left hand margin, and when combined with step 2, it would look much better IMO.

4) There is too much dead space at the bottom of the poster.. the text could be moved down a bit from the top margin and to the left slightly to balance it better.

5) Perhaps.. add a clip of a team mascot, school emblem to the poster to give it more identity that is larger than the player him/herself.

It is pretty hard to ask for C&C because when you make one change (be it you move, enlarge, shrink a clip), it affects all others around it.

When all said and done, go with what you have and be happy with your work.

In summary.. I've looked at your gallery of posters and overall they are very good.

I would suggest you visit as many official college official athletic web sites as your time permits and get more ideas how they compose their posters.

Their work are not necessarily better than yours, but it will gives you a different point of view.

For example, I regularly visit University of Nevada (nevadawolfpack.com) to see their event, game, team, individual posters for ideas. They seems to prepare at least one different poster every two weeks when in season.

Additionally.. if you are featuring a player whose uniform color is red.. go to the college team that has that team color.. And if you can match the team mascot.. all the better. I'd start there for ideas.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow