Started Feb 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neilm16
Regular MemberPosts: 378Gear list
Like?
Obsession with High ISO's
Feb 15, 2012

I am fairly new to photography having purchased my first camera in 2006 being an FZ30 and now have a Lumix G2 with 14-45 and 45-200mm and GF2 with 14mm.

I have been looking on and off at the Lumix G3 since it launched and can see the improved High ISO performance which in many cases apparently now matches the entry level DSLR's.

However based on the type of images I take I would say at least 95% of them are taken at ISO 800 and below and in fact most ISO 400 and below. These include images of my family outside, landscapes, buildings like castles and cathedrals (family days out) and on holiday with the family.

The only time I can think of when I may want a high ISO is possibly one of the childrens School shows which are indoors and the lighting isnt that good.

I am therefore just curious how many people really need a camera to perform well above ISO 800 and if we are all being swept along on another wave similar to the Megapixels war which has seemingly calmed down recently.

Appreciate views and comments..

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow