Challenge: film noir

Started Jan 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
BartyLobethal
Contributing MemberPosts: 516Gear list
Like?
Re: Friends votes
In reply to RaptorUK, Feb 15, 2012

RaptorUK wrote:

I look for no defense . . . I stated the facts.

Nope. A 'fact' has to be supported by evidence to qualify as such. An unfounded proposition is not a fact.

I'm sure Lee Star understand my comments very well and there is no need of an apology

Yeah well, I guess he can speak for himself.

If people go and vote on this Challenge in response to Lee Star's comments about "Friend Voting" and as a result vote differently then they would have then the result is that their vote has been influenced . . .

There was nothing in his post to direct people to vote in a certain way. It's not even possible to see how other people are voting while the challenges are in the voting phase. A general call to vote is not vote rigging.

The fact is that soliciting votes is not disallowed by DPR and is not disallowed by the host for this Challenge. If "Friend Voting" is happening then what is the problem ? why should Lee Star even be mentioning it ?

The bit about DPR not disallowing "friend voting" is indeed a fact. To imply that is where your interest in the matter ends is disingenuous given the role you have played in drawing attention to the challenge links to social media networks. If "friend voting" is simply not an issue for you, then why draw attention to it?

Here's another couple of 'facts': 1) Soliciting of votes from friends to the extent that the outcome of challenges is based on an entrants 'popularity' (or ability to manipulate social media in their favour) rather than on the technical / artistic merits of an entry p!sses almost everyone who visits this forum right off; 2) It p!sses you off too, so why deny it for the sake of scoring points in this particular exchange?

Should I show you other entries that people who solicit votes have entered so that they can be voted down ? NO, if I did it would also be vote rigging to some degree . .

If you did as described complete with encouragement to vote someone down accordingly then yes, that would constitute an attempt to influence voting. However it is completely irrelevant because it doesn't even remotely describe LeeStar's approach.

-- hide signature --

BartyL

BartyLobethal's gear list:BartyLobethal's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow