ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glen K Wells
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Tamron 18-200mm E-mount Pano & Blurred image is to be solved
Feb 15, 2012

Hi,

Just thought I would update users who have the Tamron 18-200mm E-mount lens.

Two 'glitches' have been found when using the lens -
the lack of full support for panorama shots
the occasional blurred image on shutter lag

I contacted Tamron about both issues and received the following email back. Looks like both issues will be sorted in March by firmware - though how this will be applied is another issue?

Dear Mr Wells,

Thank you for your emails to our Service Dept. about the Tamron 18-200mm lens you recently purchased for your Sony NEX-7 camera.

I have passed your issues on to the Service Manager at Tamron Europe in Germany and he has come back with the following information:

The operation of VC (image stabilisation) in this lens does not currently allow Panorama shooting with this lens on the NEX-7 camera. It will be necessary to update the firmware in the lens to solve the problem and this will be ready by end of March. The blurred photo issue is also related to the VC and this will be solved at the same time.

We apologise that you are experiencing these teething problems, but rest-assured that the problem is being addressed and you will not have to endure them for much longer as there will be a solution soon.
Best regards,
Keith Ruffell.
Commercial Director.
Intro 2020 Ltd.
Direct Tel: +44 (0)1628 594110
Web: http://www.intro2020.co.uk

Glen K Wells's gear list:Glen K Wells's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon D610 Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow