NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 3,538Gear list
Like?
Re: Impressions of the E-M5 from the CP+
In reply to Berneck, Feb 15, 2012

Berneck wrote:

Avaron wrote:

Berneck wrote:

Yes, how is the shutter lag? The first curtain movement is quite frustrating on my GF2.... It's the reason I pre-ordered the E-M5. I'm assuming that the ability to shoot 9 fps has all but eliminated this problem.

I think so too. I didn't notice any lag whatsoever and didn't even have to pay any attention to that. I know it sometimes bugged me with my e-pl2 but it was entirely different with the e-m5. That could also be because practically all components from lens, to focus, IBIS and CPU are actually much better and faster than what I'm used to from the pens.

Nice! That's what I was hoping to hear!
--
berneck

I'm sure it's blazing fast. I own the E-P3, and with the new lenses there is practically no shutter lag at all. A friend of mine owns the E-PL1, and there is a night and day difference between the two cameras. The E-M5 is one generation later than the E-P3.

NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow