Pretty Much on Board for M8, which lenses???

Started Feb 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 27,596
Like?
Re: Pretty Much on Board for M8, which lenses???
In reply to rickmessina, Feb 15, 2012

I have the Ultron 28/2 in addition to the Nokton 40 (and a few others as well).

The Ultron 28/2 is a lovely lens at f/2.8 and smaller apertures. It's not the sharpest knife in the drawer wide open and does focus shift a little between wide open and about half-way between f/2.8-f/4, which makes proper focus a little dicey sometimes. Still it performs very nicely.

I also have the Color-Skopar 28mm f/3.5 LTM. No focus shift, very sharp throughout the range, and tiny . It's discontinued but clean used examples show up on Ebay pretty regularly. Fitted with a LTM to M-bayonet adapter (get the Voigtländer type II so you can put the lens coding marks in and have the camera apply corrections automatically), it is dynamite on the M8 and M9 bodies. I use it instead of the Ultron unless I really need the additional speed.

Oh, the Zeiss Biogon and various Leica Elmarit/Summicron 28mm lenses are superb too. But if you're going to go for a Zeiss lens, I'd buy the Zeiss Biogon 25/2.8 in a heartbeat. That's probably the best 25mm lens around. A little bulky but worth it.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RickNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow