Started Feb 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mostly Lurking
Senior MemberPosts: 2,102
Like?
Shot with Sigma's 'Junk'
Feb 15, 2012

Since we seem to have had a 'spate' of claims that Sigma only produces junk, I thought you might like to see a sample of the photos I took with some of my Sigma 'junk' this past Saturday afternoon. You'll see that it isn't perfect, but it was shot in very harsh sunlight by me---an amateur. The first is actual pixels (100% crop), the second is the full image. (More after the images.)

The lens was the 50--500 'Bigma' and I shot with a 3-legged mono-pod. As you've seen, there are color anomalies that I couldn't completely eradicate. I'm sure you noticed the 'grain' noise in the background as well. Part of the noise problem was no doubt caused by the subject being in harsh sunlight and the background being in shade. I learned some things about noise reduction processing this one, and hopefully I'll soon learn how to handle color anomalies! Let me know if you don't agree that this shot isn't bad considering that it was taken by an amateur using 'junk'

In case you're interested, the lady is Shawna Thompson of Thompson Square and the place was Silver Springs, Florida's Silver Springs Nature Park. Although Thompson Square is regarded as part of 'Country Music', they're (she and her husband Keifer) are more 'Country Rock' / Pop than Country. You can find some of their music videos on You Tube.

Regards!

-- hide signature --

William Wilgus

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow