LX3 hotshoe cover

Started Apr 1, 2009 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,991Gear list
Like?
Re: LX3 hotshoe cover
In reply to SJEspo, Feb 15, 2012

Nice photo. I'm thinking about getting one for my FZ150 as soon as we learn more about the one that's stuck on Liz's LX3. I think it might just need to be worked out with some pressure on the front, if that possible, and then installed and reinstalled a couple of times. Hope she gets it out OK and then can check it over.

Richard uses Delrin, a high grade plastic, for the hot shoe covers rather than aluminum as I first thought. According to DuPont, "Delrin® acetal resin bridges the gap between metals and ordinary plastics with a unique combination of creep resistance, strength, stiffness, hardness, dimensional stability, toughness, fatigue resistance, solvent and fuel resistance, abrasion resistance, low wear and low friction."

-- hide signature --

Are you ready to make someone's day a little brighter?

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow