Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
accupix
Regular MemberPosts: 186
Like?
500EXR really not a bargain . . .
Feb 14, 2012

I recently went thru two cameras from Costco because of the $ 170 price and all the advertised features. The camera is well built and handles nicely, but the focus fall-off in the corners at all focal lengths is extreme, and one side is always worse than another. Compared with my Sony HX9V (sold in camera stores at the same price as current EXR models), the Sony has edge to edge sharpness including the corners. The barrel and pin-cussion effect in viewing is also very terrible, with only marginal correction in processing (The Sony shows much less distortion, and makes everything very straight in the final image). The effect of the dynamic range extensions from 100 % to 1600 % are very hard to manage, and show little effect. Overall, the camera always chose high ASA's on 'auto' creating high noise and flat images that look like they were shoot thru a piece of plastic. This experience has left me very dissapointed and gave me a feeling of a loss of faith in Fuji's ability to make a competitive camera.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow