Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 517Gear list
Like?
If only.... GL1
Feb 14, 2012

With Panny's recent interview of concentrating on defining the differences in their camera models, I guess an MFT version of the L1 is out of the question. I really love the the look of the L1 and if they were to adapt the size to MFT with the innards of the GH2 or even the G3, I'd be happier than a fly in an upturned porta-potty.

I've settled for the GF/GX to be my preferred line, but I really hate the LVF1... Aside from the refresh rate and picture quality, it manages to knock itself loose as my camera hangs from my strap (I know I'm going to lose it one day!). It's a bit annoying to have to remove the LVF1 on the go and place it back in to take a picture, I actually find myself going P&S style (compose through the LCD) more often to avoid the hassle. I hear the LVF2/GX1 is a snugger fit, but I still can't justify the price of that combo (USD840ish) yet.

However, if an MFT version of the L1 came out in the sub $1000 (even body only) level, I'd be the first in line.

And yes, I realize the Xpro1 is similar in styling, but I want MFT's lens lineup darnit!

Am I the only one that really loves the L1 styling? I think it sort of failed (as in, Panny never got to making an L2) because it was just a little too ahead of its time. I believe an L2, or GL1 for a better name, in MFT would be a very competitive and sought out model. What are your thoughts?

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow