Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Petersen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,171Gear list
Like?
When Good Enough is good enough....
Feb 14, 2012

Now that the warm fuzzy feeling about the price cut to the SD1 has worn off the cold hard reality creeps back in.

I also use a Nikon D90 along with my SD14 as many know and I have blathered on about the differences.

I am truly in the tank for the superior IQ the X3 sensor is capable of delivering but as a man of mortal means I find it conflicting to spend the money on an SD1 due to its practical shortcomings for features I use on my D90 such as HD video and Live view to a lesser extent. (Really want to carry only one camera) Never mind the need to upgrade my glass to realize its IQ.

Sometimes I wish I was less enlightened and could just get happy with my Nikon kit. It sure would allow for a smaller lighter camera bag to do everything I do.

Gary Mercer's comparison shot between a 5DMk2 and SD1 shows only a marginal advantage over a camera that can do everything...
How many others are getting splinters on the fence?
Pete
--
A bad day of train chasing is better than a good day at work.
http://peterzpicts.smugmug.com/

Paul Petersen's gear list:Paul Petersen's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D90 Sigma SD14 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D90 Sigma SD1 Sigma SD14
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow