No longer listening to most online critics...

Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,313Gear list
Like?
No longer listening to most online critics...
Feb 14, 2012

I've been seeing some posts like the one in the link below recently.

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/07/13/why-you-shouldnt-give-too-much-weight-to-anonymous-online-critics/

Also, I've been watching some of Trey Ratcliff's videos and I now have a better feeling about my own photography adventure. We really do get too caught up in getting other people's critiques and getting discouraged by people we don't even know when they make negative comments on our photos. Except for constructive criticism that you actually ask for, don't worry about what others say. So, I shall ignore those 'Debbie Downers' (or Negative Nancys as Trey calls them) in discussion forums from now on. I'm generally happy with where I am in my photography. I think part of what's been holding me back is worrying about what others think of my photos. I need to quit that. It feels like high school all over again, worrying about what others think, rather than just being myself and enjoying life.

If a person is a complete novice and they really need help and are asking for help, ok....but way too many people here are quick to offer their 'advice' about how to fix a photo or what could be done better next time.

This is well worth watching if you've been getting depressed by other 'experts' chiming on on your posts, telling you how to do it right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evIH8sFqw4I

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow