Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stepanfo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,063
Like?
One serious unsolved problem with Nikon cameras
Feb 14, 2012

... revived again with the new high MP camera.

Well, what about a dead pixel correction, Nikon?

Do you still expect us to visit repair shop or send in a camera just to get rid of a new dead pixel? Do you still charge this service for cameras that are out of warranty?

I think it is simply ridiculous and utterly unacceptable that a photographer cannot "repair" his camera himself.

I have no problem with the fact that some pixels die. No wonder, there are a lot of them.

BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET RID OF THEM MYSELF!!!

I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE MONEY AND TIME LETTING SOMEBODY ELSE TO DO IT.

Btw having a flawed product (these are errors in the image - main function of the camera), not warning customers before they buy the product, that they will loose time and after a warranty period even money to get their cameras bact to unflawed status, might be considered a crime, deceiving customers or just a dishonest behaviour.

(I am not interested in fact thet while shooting inconveniently large RAW files and using Nikon software (for which you have to pay extra money) to convert them into smaller files, dead pixels automatically dissaper. I do not care.)

Fair thing according to me is:

Warn customers that some dead pixels may develop on the sensor, provide them with in camera or computer software and tell them, that they can conveniently and quickly repair their camera themselves, or eventually let a camera service do it for free regardless how old the camera is, if they do not feel doing it themselves.

Nikon, stop pretending that no such problem exists, face it and provide a solution!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow