Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KenBuse
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
Fair Price for Used D700
Feb 14, 2012

I've been watching the used market (craigslist) for used D700's and have been seeing quite a bit of activity with new listings in the $1,900 to $2,400 price point. Some cameras have over 100,000 shutter counts, others below 5,000.

I'm wondering, once the D800 hits the market where you can actually order one and receive it in a few days, what will happen to the price of the D700 and if that is not a good time to snap one up for $1,500 or less.

It just makes sense, if there are more people looking to upgrade to the D800 from the D700, the prices will drop as the supply of used D700 increase and available buyers decrease.

For my money, I think I'd rather pony up for a lighter and improved FX by Nikon, the D800, rather than spend a bundle on a used D700. I see the prices of used D700 continue to fall over the next year or so.

I'm also seeing more Nikon bodies for sale, the D300s and D3000, D7000, etc. All with probable reasons of those with FX-Envy seeing the time to sell is now and the time to buy a D800 will be in the upcoming months.

WARNING: This post is highly speculative and has very little to do with the art of photography, the creative use of cameras, or the mechanics of operating a modern DSLR camera.

Nikon D3000 Nikon D300S Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow